New Business Registration

New Business Registration

Each new employer is required to register for UIF on the prescribed UIF 1 form obtained from the local Department of Labour. Each new Employee needs a Employee card which the employer also has to get from the department of labour –form UF 85. This must be kept until the employee is no longer employed.

Compensation for occupational injuries and diseases
This was previously known as workmen’s compensation. It insurers the lives of your employees in case they are injured or die while carrying out their duties , it must be paid to the compensation commissioner. Registration is done on form W A s 1 (E) , obtained from the department of labour

Metropolitan Council/R S C Levies

Registration for this takes place on form R S C 1, obtained from the offices of the Regional Council. R S C levies are not necessarily payable in your area , to be checked by your local metropolitan council

Bargaining / Industrial Councils
Certain industries and trades have industrial and trade federations. It is best to find out
If you need to register for any of these . Contact your sector educational training authority for advice (SETA) or from a business similar to your industry.

Licences to start a business required
Some businesses require a trading licence. For example if you plan to run a food business , a heath certificate needs to be granted . you may contact your local municipality for further information . Institutes that grant licences include
South African Music Rights Organisation (samro) if you want to play music in your business
South African Restaurant Trades
South African Institute of Estate Agents
Road Transport Board
Liquor Board
Local health authorities and town planning departments
Fire Department Chief to inspect premises

Paye (pay as you earn)
You must register for PAYE on form IRP 101 with your local receiver of revenue as soon as you take persons into your employment. Pre numbered books of IT3 and IRP 5 certificates for disclosure of annual remuneration also need to be obtained from the receiver of revenue. Tables to help calculate daily , weekly , monthly and annual taxes are available from the South African Revenue Service office .

Skilled Development Levies
If you register for PAYE, you must also register for the payment of skills development levies with the South African Revenue Service form SDL 101. The SARS then register you with the correct SETA , who can qualify your company to receive grants based on contributions made and the cost of training provided to your employees . There are 27 SETAs in total, each controlling a different chamber activity
If you enquire contact the Department of Labour and ask for the skills development levy they will be able to give you the correct information and contact number of your relevant SETA
Value added Tax (vat)
As soon as turnover before vat reaches or is more than R300 000, it is compulsory to register for VAT on form VAT 101. Voluntary registration occurs over 20 000, per year and 300 000, It may be beneficial to register for vat in cases where you have large volumes of vatable expenditure for which a vat input can be claimed .
Income Tax
If you operate a business or a sole trader, partner in a partnership , member of a cc or a director of a company you must register for the payment of income tax , which is known as a provisional tax payer and will be assigned with a reference number . As companies and CC ;s are legal entities they also pay tax in their own registered name .

This entry was posted in SOME OF THE BUSINESS REGISTRATION’S REQUIRED and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>